Old March 26th 16, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Pat[_7_] Pat[_7_] is offline

Default RF Window Size

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 16:54:42 -0400, Pat wrote:

Before hacking out insulation, I'd try the attic approach first.

Too late. I already did it and without moving the wifi module to be
near the hole, the signal already improved from marginal (a red
indicator LED) to OK (the LED is now yellow). Tomorrow, I will move
the wifi module to be near the hole. I expect a green LED after that.

Pat

Final update: I moved the wifi device to right in front of my RF
hole. The LED is green and everything is back to normal. I replaced
the old insulation with non-foil type and covered the hole with the
$15 cover plate a mentioned in previous posts. All is well. Thanks.

Pat