Old March 26th 16, 10:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Wilson Bob Wilson is offline

Default Wi-fi range extender

On 3/26/2016 2:43 PM, Wayne wrote:
So here's the deal. I want to sit in my car in a parking lot and access
wi-fi legitimately in a nearby building.
(I'm authorized to use the system and have a password.)

The device is similar to an ipod (no phone).

I used a passive RF sniffer around the case and found a sweet spot that
has significant RF output.

What I want to experiment with is a coupling loop over the case sweet
spot going to a coax and then a directional antenna.

It would be acceptable to simply scotch tape the loop on the case.

Any suggestions on the antenna would be appreciated.

Wayne
W5GIE

You may have thought about this... You might need to amplify your
receive signal, the device (whatever it is) needs to talk both ways.
Bob W