Old March 27th 16, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Wi-fi range extender

Wayne wrote:
So here's the deal. I want to sit in my car in a parking lot and access
wi-fi legitimately in a nearby building.
(I'm authorized to use the system and have a password.)

The device is similar to an ipod (no phone).

I used a passive RF sniffer around the case and found a sweet spot that has
significant RF output.

What I want to experiment with is a coupling loop over the case sweet spot
going to a coax and then a directional antenna.

It would be acceptable to simply scotch tape the loop on the case.

Any suggestions on the antenna would be appreciated.

Wayne
W5GIE

Have you tried making a corner reflector out of something cheap and
holding the device inside it as a test?

I've done that with cell phones in weak areas; sometimes it works, sometimes
it doesn't.

--
Jim Pennino