Old October 20th 03, 07:50 PM
Max

"Pun Krocker" wrote in message
In article , says...
Hi,

Are you speaking about the menu aligning the radio and that requires

test
equipment to set several of the parameters ?
Does it includes the setting of SSB power and related ?

Thierry

Yes that is the one with that needs the shorting plug in ACC2 (Service
Menu).

Press and hold the N.R. + USB/LSB buttons while turning the rig on. The
display will show the word "ADJUST" and then go into the service menu. Make
sure you write the settings down before making any changes. This menu
allows you to adjust individual band output, s-meter calibration, squelch,
ALC and so on. You know, all the things that should be left alone. That is
why is is called the SERVICE MENU. However if your output power is low, you
can fix it here. On a tone my 570SG will put out 110W. I wouldn't go much
higher and it won't make a difference on the other end anyway. Also you can
adjust the carrier points for USB and LSB. Handy if you run a wider
bandwidth with a good mic and EQ setup. With the stock filter replaced I
can get about 3.5 KHz wide or 2.4 with the stock filter.

Max