Old May 19th 16, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] fjeromebourgeois@gmail.com is offline

Default Ground wire next to coax

I just installed an MFJ 1796 on the roof. I had it tuned on the ground (per MFJ instructions) and expected a shift in SWR (again per instructions) when roof mounted. However, the SWR shifted completely out of sight. I also installed #4 ground wire from tripod to ground and ran it with and sometimes even zip-tied it to, the RG - coax. Could this be the problem. I don't want to do a massive retune if it's just a matter of relocating one or the other. I'm 99.9% sure nothing on the 1796 changed.