Old May 20th 16, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339 gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339 is offline

Default When did ignorance overcome education, for the correct plural is, "antennae"?

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339
writes
"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339
writes

Ignoramus is the 1st person plural of a verb,

But what is the infinitive?
http://webtranslation.paralink.com/
doesn't seem to recognise anything I try.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=ignoramus

I tried "ignorare" first, then the other declensions - but the translation
site didn't like any of them. For some reason, it accepts it now (gives
the translation simply as "to ignore").

My Cassells Latin dictionary from about 1880 only gives the 1st person
singular indicative active present tense of, "ignoro".