Old May 21st 16, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default When did ignorance overcome education, for the correct plural is, "antennae"?

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message ...

In message , gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339
writes
"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339
writes

Ignoramus is the 1st person plural of a verb,

But what is the infinitive?
http://webtranslation.paralink.com/
doesn't seem to recognise anything I try.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=ignoramus

# I tried "ignorare" first, then the other declensions - but the
# translation site didn't like any of them. For some reason, it accepts it
# now (gives the translation simply as "to ignore").

In my googling I came across the word IGNORANUS.
Apparently that is a person who is both stupid and an asshole