Old May 24th 16, 06:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default When did ignorance overcome education, for the correct plural is, "antennae"?

rickman wrote:
On 5/23/2016 9:08 PM, wrote:
rickman wrote:
On 5/23/2016 6:52 PM,
wrote:
rickman wrote:
On 5/23/2016 6:05 PM, David Ryeburn wrote:

I've kind of liked end-fed wires as antennas ever since, though now I'm
well aware of their limitations, and, with a pacemaker inside me, I no
longer dare use one. Balanced lines and center-fed doublets are a
nuisance when you go backpacking, but I do want to be able to hike back
out to the car afterwards.

What is wrong with pacemakers that they can't make one that functions
around radios and microwaves?

Lack of space for installing the faraday cage.

Pacemakers DO function around radios and microwaves.

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condit...13_Article.jsp

Lol! Devices that have to work should be designed to work properly in
the very low level fields that occur in every day life. It's not really
hard. There are any number of engineers who can do that.

According to the article, they ARE designed to work properly in the
very low level fields that occur in everyday life and the biggest risks
are from medical equipment.

Your reference contradicts what you say. Are MP3 players "medical"
equipment?

What part of the word 'biggest' did you fail to understand?

--
Jim Pennino