Old May 24th 16, 09:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roger Hayter Roger Hayter is offline

Default When did ignorance overcome education, for the correct plural is, "antennae"?

rickman wrote:

On 5/24/2016 1:05 AM, wrote:
rickman wrote:
On 5/23/2016 9:08 PM,
wrote:
rickman wrote:
On 5/23/2016 6:52 PM,
wrote:
rickman wrote:
On 5/23/2016 6:05 PM, David Ryeburn wrote:

I've kind of liked end-fed wires as antennas ever since, though
now I'm well aware of their limitations, and, with a pacemaker
inside me, I no longer dare use one. Balanced lines and center-fed
doublets are a nuisance when you go backpacking, but I do want to
be able to hike back out to the car afterwards.

What is wrong with pacemakers that they can't make one that
functions around radios and microwaves?

Lack of space for installing the faraday cage.

Pacemakers DO function around radios and microwaves.

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Condit...ventionTreatme
ntofArrhythmia/Devices-that-may-Interfere-with-Pacemakers_UCM_302013_
Article.jsp

Lol! Devices that have to work should be designed to work properly in
the very low level fields that occur in every day life. It's not really
hard. There are any number of engineers who can do that.

According to the article, they ARE designed to work properly in the
very low level fields that occur in everyday life and the biggest risks
are from medical equipment.

Your reference contradicts what you say. Are MP3 players "medical"
equipment?

What part of the word 'biggest' did you fail to understand?

Exactly. You didn't really say anything since you qualify it so it
means nothing. Bottom line is pacemakers have problems with common
household electronics. Not well designed I think.

i think it is more that pacemakers *could* potentially have problems
with everyday equipment under worst-case scenarios, especially with
possible faults. They don't usually, but for obvious reasons even rare
and unlikely risks have to be considered.

--

Roger Hayter