Old May 19th 16, 05:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [W2LJ] Elecraft KX2

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Elecraft KX2

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

To be debuted at Dayton Hamvention:

As Eric is scheduled to do a presentation at FDIM titled “Shrinking the
Multi-Mode HF Transceiver”, this kind of fits right in, eh?

Right off the bat, I see a somewhat smaller rig - to my eye, not MTR sized,
but smaller than the KX3. Two bands missing, 160 Meters and 6 Meters; and
I'm sure a smaller price point. A Japanese Website
(http://edcjp.sblo.jp/article/175341127.html) is listing $750 as the base
price - not including tuner or any other accessories.

OK. Here's a photo from Facebook that puts the size issue in perspective.
It IS substantially smaller than the KX3!

Very interesting. Ideal for the SOTA operator - maybe the LNR rigs were
starting to cause a little diversification in the market? As of right now,
my KX3 is all I need and I personally don't anticipate a need ........ but
ya never know.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!