Old June 9th 16, 03:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Default Talking of plurals

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 13:15:40 -0500, legg wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 09:56:16 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 07:57:23 -0500, legg wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2016 09:05:52 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
Well, that didn't work. I wrote a script for Forte Agent that
automatically deleted anything cross posted to BOTH
rec.radio.amateur.antenna and uk.radio.amateur. It has worked quite
well until today, where Gareth is now posting only to
rec.radio.amateur.antenna with his crusade against plurality.

I think the easiest fix would be for Gareth to include
uk.radio.amateur, so that his fan club in the UK could properly enjoy
his discourse and so that I don't see any of it.

[uk.radio.amateur added to the Newsgroups list]

You can filter by author, in one group or globally, using Forte Agent.
RL

Done. You're now added to my filter list.

Filtering Gareth might have been more to the point, but suit yourself.

Sorry. That was the best I could do for humor at the time. The
ambiguity was just too tempting to resist.

There's also an Agent group that is sometimes useful.
a.u.o.forte-agent

Yep. I've been using Forte Agent for a long time. Along the way,
I've become rather familiar with its filter rules and using regex to
build complex rules. In this case, simply filtering Gareth would not
have been sufficient. I wanted to not see anything that is from
Gareth *AND* is cross posted to both rec.radio.amateur.antenna and
uk.radio.amateur. If the thread originates with Gareth, I mark the
entire thread as read or deleted. There are occasional cross postings
to both groups worth reading, but only if they do not include Gareth
as the originator. That worked until Gareth chose to post only to
rec.radio.amateur.antenna. So, now I have a separate rule for each
group, which takes care of the problem.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D