Old January 2nd 04, 01:08 AM
Roger Halstead

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:14:54 -0500, "Tarmo Tammaru"
wrote:

On the antenna end, go up with the coax. Then any water that gets in will
come out the same end, instead of in the shack. I friend of mine did have
puddle under his rig from water flowing out of 9913. No, he did not take a
lightning hit. I don't use 9913 outdoors. Also, I think the flexible 9913 is
not hollow.

I forgot "drip loops". All of mine come off the antenna with the
exceptions of the wire dipoles, and curve upward. Then they are taped
to the mast. I would have thought it would have kept the water out,
but in the case of the lightening strike I had water coming out of the
rig. course it could have blown out the coax farther down. It did
just that with the 7/8" Heliax. (bout 30 feet down from the top).

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Tam/WB2TT
"Dave Woolf" wrote in message

Just wonder what other's might do to keep moisture
from getting into the semi-hollow 9913 type low
loss coax. It would seem inevitiable with changes
in temperature and pressure that moist air would
eventually work its way into the coax and then
condense.

I had a fellow ham that took the precaution of
pressurizing this type of coax to maintain
positive pressure and keep out outside air.
Seemed like a lot of effort but maybe it is necessary.

I have tried to seal the ends of the coax with silicone
sealant but I am not really sure that this has been
effective in the long term.

What do others do? What has been your experience?

Dave - K8RSP
(to reply to me directly remove NOSPAM from above
address)