Old July 20th 16, 06:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] alisha.hohman@gmail.com is offline

Default Wireless Dog Fence

Forgive my ignorance. I know absolutely nothing about how these work but had a question I thought someone here may be able to answer since Google hasn't found anything.

We used a Petsafe brand wireless dog fence with our pets two days ago and they broke through the barrier despite being trained to go back when they hear the beep. One of our dogs was found at our neighbor's house, but her sister is still missing. I know you can use AM radio to find a break in the Underground wire dog fence and was wondering if we could do something similar to locate our missing pet if the worst has happened. We thought maybe we could drive around our area with the transmitter in our van to set it off and it would make a noise on the radio if she was in range. Is this a possibility? Is there a way to know if we are near the receiver on her collar without risking shocking her?

Sorry if the answer to this should be obvious. I am just desperate to find her.