Old July 21st 16, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rob[_8_] Rob[_8_] is offline

Default Wireless Dog Fence

ALisha Hohman wrote:
We had just replaced the battery in the collar Sunday night. We think we just didn't train them as long as they needed to be trained to understand to go back when it beeps and not go through the barrier.

We've disconnected the power to the transmitter so that, in the off chance that she returns, she doesn't get buzzed when she approaches the boundary. We can definitely put power to it in our vehicle or in our home if there is possibly a way to locate her using it.

I would think when you make a big loop of wire or other material with
wire attached to it (as big as you can handle, say 3-4 feet across),
and connect that to the transmitter, it can be used to locate the
transponders. Check that on the other transponder.

But it will probably not work more than a few feet away, just like in the
original setup, so it is unclear how useful that is.