Old July 21st 16, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rob[_8_] Rob[_8_] is offline

Default Wireless Dog Fence

ALisha Hohman wrote:
Nope. It doesn't use any wires. It creates an up to 90ft radius around wherever the transmitter is placed. If you look further up the thread, I posted the product page from home depot's website.

I would think such a system can never have a clearly defined boundary
unless it uses advanced techniques like roundtrip time measurement of
a radio signal. The "range" of the signal depends a lot on obstacles etc.

In this configuration it should be able to locate the dog in a 90ft radius,
but that is of course not very helpful when you want to locate it in
a neighborhood.