Old July 26th 16, 08:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Rob[_8_] Rob[_8_] is offline

Default Anyone recommend a source of 36:50 ohm ununs?

Robert Smits wrote:
Dave Platt wrote:

Hi. Can anyone recommend a source of 36:50 ohm ununs?

I'm adding an inverted L for 160 meters and would like to add an unun of
36 ohm to 50 ohms to reduce my SWR. EZNEC shows it would lower it
substantially and when you're running barefoot on 160 you need all the
help you can get.

One gotcha on this: before you add such an unun, make sure that your
feedpoint impedance is actually close to 36 ohms. It may not be,
depending on your actual soil and ground-plane impedance and losses,
and an unun of this sort might actually make matters worse.

Yes, I'm considering that, and figure if it occurs I'll add more radials.

Wouldn't it be easier and better to first measure the impedance?