Old August 21st 16, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default Loop Antenna Polarization

On 2016-08-20, rickman wrote:
I've been studying loop antennas for some time now and I don't recall a
mention of polarization. I would think that a loop antenna mounted
vertically would provide a vertically polarized signal. Is that right?

Fed at the bottom it is horizontal polarization. Fed on the side it becomes
vertical polarization. You might also enjoy looking at vertical delta loops
and the way they can be mounted and fed.

Yes, of course, I should have been able to figure that out for myself.
The small loop looks like a very short dipole.

Thanks

--

Rick C