Old August 26th 16, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John S John S is offline

Default Loop Antenna Polarization

On 8/25/2016 11:55 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:
On 08/25/2016 12:07 PM, John S wrote:
Richard is correct. The current at the feed point diminishes linearly
(on a short dipole) from the feed point to the open end of the antenna
as it must. Look at the current distribution using your NEC modelling
program.

No one said he wasn't. Did you read my last post? The uniform currents
in each segment aren't the same value. Of course the end segments would
be minimum. Sincerely,

I did read your last post. But you also posted "Likewise we consider an
"electric dipole" to be a straight conductor of very small length
(compared to a wavelength) carrying uniform current."

That is the one Richard and I take exception to. I think your last post
explained your position better with breaking the antenna up into very
small segments each with a uniform current. The currents in each segment
can be considered to be uniform over that segment. However the segment
currents diminish from the feed point to the open end of the element.
I'm sure you know all this, but others may not.