Old August 31st 16, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John S John S is offline

Default U dipoles

On 8/31/2016 10:10 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I have seen many plots of inverted V and flat top dipoles, but none of a
V or U shaped one.

That is like one I have up for 80 meters. I have two trees that are
about 20 feet short of the distance I need for an 80 meter dipole. The
trees are so that I can get the wire up about 60 to 70 feet on the ends
and the middle is only about 35 to 40 feet above ground. As I don't
plan on digging up and moving the tree, I just have to take what I can
get for that antenna. I know it would be nice to have the middle up
higher as that is where most of the radiation is suspose to come from.

Are there any web sites that may have one of those types of antennas
already ploted ?

Yeah. Search for V antenna on the Web. A V antenna has some gain
pointing approximately away from the apex. Your description indicates
that you might warm the clouds. Jimp's suggestion is a good one.