Old August 31st 16, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John S John S is offline

Default U dipoles

On 8/31/2016 1:46 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

Yeah. Search for V antenna on the Web. A V antenna has some gain
pointing approximately away from the apex. Your description indicates
that you might warm the clouds. Jimp's suggestion is a good one.

I know about th emodling programs and have played with a few that
already have the elements in them. Just have not seen one for the U
shaped one like I have. I am not too familiar on how to enter elements
that are not streight. Come to think of it, I guess I could enter it
just as a V shape like the inverted V antennas are.

The V antennas that have gain I am thinking of are usully horizontal
and several wavelengths long.

What jimp said plus EZNEC can model a catenary. I've not used it, but
it's there.