Old November 3rd 03, 02:26 PM
Hans K0HB

(N2EY) wrote

You guys were burning up the bands from what I heard here.

Conditions were pretty rough here. With the high A-index (100+), then
an early AM solar flare creaming us, conditions seemed to be a *******
mix of "peak of the solar cycle" but modified by high absorption. The
higher bands (10 & 15) were extremely long, so we sat here in the
middle while the east coast worked the west coast with big signals and
we could barely tell they were on the band. Unless you were south of
about 43-degrees latitude, you also had to contend with the expanded
auroral zone and resulting tough conditions on the lower bands,
especially 75M. The result is that around here we were in a
propagation black hole, and pretty much were squeezed into 20 and 40M
bands. Most MWA scores look to be down about 20%.

73, de Hans, K0HB