Old February 23rd 16, 02:23 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting
[email protected] compassing@gmail.com is offline

Default KDAN-AM Newport Minnesota?

On Friday, June 29, 2001 at 6:18:40 PM UTC-7, RSMTMN wrote:
I'm looking for any information on a AM Broadcast Station with a Callsign

of
KDAN, frequency unknown. It was located at 1645 Military Road in Newport
Minnesota between the years of 1975-1980. I could nolonger find any entr

y of
the callsign in the phone books after 1979. This was a daytime broadcast

er and
the Station Manager was David Perkins. I toured the station once around

1977
and it was down a dirt road with tree's on either side, then it opened up

into
a pasture with a house on a little hill, with the antenna tower/s down fr

om the
house in the back. It wasn't a commercial building, and looked almost li

ke a
family home. No one in the area seems to remember the station, or if the

y do,
are getting it confused with the old KDWB site futher to the on Radio Dr.

in
Woodbury Minnesota.
Thanks.
Dan

I worked there in the 70's when the studio was in a converted (IIRC Donalds
on's) department store, main floor across from the elevators, downtown St.
Paul. Transmitter site was indeed out on Military Rd. -- 3 sticks behind a
house with a huge electric motor in the basement that was used to produce 3
-phase AC current to run the transmitter.

Does anyone remember the name of the Program Director and morning drive guy
from that era? I think he came up with the "KDAN Sunshine Radio" identity
and was also a part owner. Always wondered what became of him and the other
guys. Can't remember any names, though.

Message me direct at compassing (at sign) gmail (d0t) com
J. Douglas