Old March 7th 17, 04:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.info
QRZ.com via rec.radio.info Admin QRZ.com via rec.radio.info Admin is offline

Default QRZ Forums - "Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment for Tuesday 7 March 2017

"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment

New Ham and Old Rig, what can (will) possibly (probably) go wrong??

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...-wrong.558028/

Greetings:

Im a brand new ham (still waiting for my call, in fact) setting up his
first shack. For reasons of budget and because I like old stuff that works,
Ive got a TS-820s on its way, sold as tested good but with the well known
display bug. I also have an Ebay special cheap dynamic mic, rewired for
the Kenwood keying system, and a 300 watt MFJ dummy load. I know, its MFJ,
but can you really screw up a dummy load??? Next time I go to town Ill get
antenna on a spool.

In the...

New Ham and Old Rig, what can (will) possibly (probably) go wrong??