Old March 15th 17, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
John Savard John Savard is offline

Default A Modest Proposal to Save Five-Level Code

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 10:40:43 AM UTC-6, John Savard wrote:

I now think that UC and LC should be swapped with CR and LF, thus relegating
carriage return and line feed to the figures shift, but giving two full five-bit
codes to UC and LC, as they are likely to be used frequently.

But if I do that, then, while the code is now changed a great deal, since UC and
LC are shift codes, one of them can be given the 00000 code, and figures shift
can be returned to its original position.

John Savard