Old January 3rd 04, 02:05 AM
Desmoface

So why am I
getting a better result with a long length of still coiled cable sitting on
my patio rather that a much shorter brand new piece. Please could some one
explain to me if the coax length does matter, it has certainly never been a
problem for me in the past on VHF and Six but I am new to HF frequencies.
If you do need to have a certain size run, what can you do with the cable if
you phisically dont need it ?

Many Thanks & 73 for 2004

Keven G7UUD

Hi Keven, how long is your antenna? Is it the right length for 40 meters?? What
is the impedance of the coax? Moving the antenna may be enough to change it's
resonance as it may be interacting with it's surroundings...Sometimes a 1/4 wl
75ohm (x velocity factor) length of coax will do the trick...good luck..

Steve
kb8viv