Old December 16th 16, 09:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
DxCoffee DxCoffee is offline

Default Seeking nominations for 2016 Intrepid Spirit Award - Press Release

Paul Ewing N6PSE informs DxCoffee readers:
˙

"The Intrepid-DX Group is seeking nominations for the individual or group that most displayed their "Intrepid Spirit" this past year. The Intrepid Spirit for purposes of this award is defined as:
˙
An Intrepid Spirit is bold, courageous, dedicated, innovative, fearless, generous, resolute and visionary in their approach to Amateur Radio.
˙
We are seeking to make this award to the group or individual that most displayed their intrepid spirit in 2016, by expressing an unshakable commitment to the Amateur Radio DX Community.
˙
This award is made in memory of our friend, James McLaughlin WA2EWE/T6AF. SK, Kabul Afghanistan, April 27th, 2011.
˙
Nominations may be submitted via email to:
˙
All nominations must be received by December 31st, 2016. The Board of Directors of the Intrepid-DX Group will evaluate the nominations and the award will be presented at the International DX Convention in Visalia, California on April 22nd, 2017.
˙
The Intrepid-DX Group was formed in 2010 following our successful Dxpedition to Iraq.
˙
You can view our website at
http://www.intrepid-dx.com/awards.php˙ "
˙
Thank you,˙
Paul Ewing-N6PSE
Vice President and Founder
The Intrepid DX Group

Jim McLaughlin, WA2EWE/T6AF, was killed April 27
in an attack by an Afghan pilot at Kabul Airport.
(Photo Steve Herman, W7VOA)

http://www.dxcoffee.com/eng/2016/see...press-release/