Old November 24th 03, 07:30 AM
Howard

You will find an article that might be of interest to you at the ARRL
website. It is called "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About
Computer Interfacing" and is available in PDF.

There is an interface board that can be used for Yaesu, and if you
want to buy one it is available from FAR circuits on the web.

I am not familiar with your model of Yaesu, so I don't know if you can
hard wire it as suggested or not.

I do know that the interface in this article is easy and cheap to
build. I used the interface described in the article for my Kenwood
TS-440 with grear results.

If you cannot find the article, or if you are not a member I can send
you the file as an email attachment if you like. It is about 1.5 meg.

73, Howard

"Pedro Antonio De Sousa Pedroso" wrote in message

Hello !
I'm looking for any circuit to control my yaesu FT-857
I don't want to buy the CAT system box, I want to build
the interface.
The main purpose is to control the radio with the logging
software I use (DX4win and CT).
If you have the circuit or know about any web page where
it might be please send me an e-mail.
I've search a litle on the web but mostly I find are
advertisements about radios with CAT system, not the interface
wiring !

Thanks !

| Pedro Pedroso | CT1ELP |
| Eng. Electrotecnica e Computadores | Founder member of GPDX |
| (Telecomunicacoes e electronica) | |

| Address: P.O.Box 116 , 2801-902 Almada , PORTUGAL |