Old December 22nd 15, 11:21 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gareth gareth is offline

Default Morse Key Contacts?

"Fred Roberts" wrote in message
On 21/12/2015 23:33, gareth wrote:
For those who make their own Morse Keys, what do you use for the
contacts, for I have found the phosphor bronze pillar for the dot
contact on my ersatz Vibroplex to be very noisy and scratchy?

What about the contacts from an old relay?

It's always the same with hoarding in the junk box; I've these 12V Varley
plug in relays
that would do the job excellently, but it seems a pity to wreck a relay,
even though
I've about 20 of them and all unused for 20 years !!!!!!!

Yes, that's obviously the answer, and I must overcome that hoarding
instinct!!