Old December 31st 15, 08:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jim Mueller Jim Mueller is offline

Default Where does the power go

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 05:33:17 -0800, woody369 wrote:

On Wednesday, November 2, 1994 at 6:52:22 PM UTC-5, Guy Fletcher wrote:
I have followed the thread on reflected power in a transmission line
with interest and curiosity, hoping to learn something.

big snip

Guy Fletcher VK2BBF

The power will all get dissipated in the load if there is no resistive
component in the source or transmission line. This is true regardless
of frequency. In real systems the source and T line both have a real R
component which will dissipate the reflected energy as heat, high SWR
means less power to the load. In systems where the T line has very
little restive component then huge power can be transmitted. For
example: a small optical fibers are used to carry 100KW of power without
issue.

You're responding to a 21 year old post. The OP is long gone.

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with dadoheadman.
Then replace nospam with fastmail. Lastly, replace com with us.