Old January 9th 16, 11:17 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
gareth gareth is offline

Default Reversing the dumbing down?

In Brit, in order to get any sort of licence, even the beginner's licence
targetted at the 5-year-old (and shame on any grown man who took one out!)
you have to go through an elementary construction exercise, which I believe
gets promptly forgotten.

I wonder if perhaps we in these NG could get together and design a set
of constructions that would then become a standard as a minimum set of
test equipment so that beginners, even if not taught about such things on
their
various syllabi, could verify the power, frquency of transmission, and
harmonic
output, for without such a capability, such licensees are indistinguishable
from CBers?