Old January 10th 16, 01:10 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Roger Hayter Roger Hayter is offline

Default Reversing the dumbing down?

gareth wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
I am gratified to hear it. There are some of us who might think that
without at least some electronic design or construction effort amateur
radio was remarkably like philately.

It has the stamp of CB?

Radio operating is a perfectly respectable hobby and has its own high
skills and practical knowledge base. I see no reason to criticise it or
its practitioners. It is just not overwhelmingly interesting to me. I
do not claim my interests to be the One True AR though. And I can't
see a great deal wrong with CB for that matter, it is just a very narrow
subset of operating.

--

Roger Hayter