Old January 20th 16, 08:26 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jim GM4DHJ ...[_2_] Jim GM4DHJ ...[_2_] is offline

Default A further question on the VNWA from SDR-kits

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , gareth
writes

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"gareth" wrote in message
Can they be used to plot the setting up of Xtal ladder filters, which
would mean the
ability to control the frequency sweep to as little as a few kHz?

I ask because the Hameg speccy that I have, although good for harmonic
checks,
has a minimum sweep of 1 MHz.

that should read Mc/s OM ....

That depends on the age of the equipment!

Condensers and Mc/s before 1960

Capacitors and MHz post 1960

The Germans were using MHz much earlier (almost for ever).

The UK started in the latter 60s, and at first it was supposed to be only
an electrical unit.

With any sweep equipment, in addition to the sweep width you also need to
know the sweep speed. The first is in MHz (or Mc/s), and the second is in
MHz/s (or Mc/s/s).

but hertz means NOTHING whereas c/s describes cycles per second ...much
better ...