Old January 28th 16, 05:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

Default RFD away?

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, rickman wrote:

On 1/27/2016 12:02 PM, Spike wrote:
On 27/01/2016 15:33, rickman wrote:

I made a post about loop antennas a week ago and no one replied. I'm
starting to think this group is only interested in the drama of who
should post and who should be ignored.

I saw your post, but didn't reply as I'm not into transmitting loops.
Perhaps no-one really understood your question, it's not the first time
this sort of thing has happened.

My point was not so much about the lack of response to my post in particular,
but the lack of any meaningful posting in the group. When no one posts
anything of interest it only takes a few messages arguing over who is the
biggest troll to make this group irrelevant.

I've replied to a bunch of messages recently, it is harder to start a
thread than to reply. And all of those replies went into the history of
various things, an overview so to speak. It doesn't matter who started
the thread, it's what you do with it.

And yes, spam and other annoyances are not as significant if a newsgroup
is healthy.

Michael