Old December 3rd 03, 01:12 PM
Lee

"dodger" wrote in message
.. .
You are so right and apart from the threads Brian Reay and the odd other
contributor puts on here
that is the most sensible thing I have seen.

The norm on here are the pratts who consider themselves to be the

"superior
race" and know it all
but if you look at the odd technical type thread they put on they actually
know very little.
Heard on 2mtrs conversation between two G?3 - Dont know anything about
radios or antenas
would rely on mates to sort
Basic questions on set up that any CBer let along M3s would know
No knowledge whatsoever of PC set ups (relating to radio)

Now onto a more serious point, this is a facility that could be put to
proper use. In Amateur Radio
there are two monthly magazines Practical Wireless & Radcom in which
newcomers can read and
learn, this is quite unusual for any hobby to be so lacking.
Compared with lets say 15/20 years ago there is a big reduction in the
number of traders who one
can pick up tips and info from.

There is however a large band of dedicated Radio Amateurs who have

accepted
the reducing numbers
and give their time freely to educate and enhance the hobby giving

newcomers
the opportunity to
enjoy Amateur Radio and progress through the hobby.
To them I say thank you to them for what they do and also the many who

help
and support newcomers
over the airwaves.
To the rest snobs, pratts or whatever that come on here - grow up, go

away,
you are not wanted

Such a lot of words........... So little content !!!

Lee ........ M3SBE .....

---