Old February 5th 16, 07:24 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
AndyW AndyW is offline

Default Not sure where to post this - sound card drivers?

On 03/02/2016 16:11, gareth wrote:
Having been, before retirement, a professional real-time softy, I have kept
computers
out of the shack, not wishing to have a busman's holiday.

Now, I'm prepared to make the change, but in the true spirit of _REAL_
amateur radio to do everything myself.

My question is, what sound card drivers are used for the PC end of the
various softrock, SDRs, etc?

Is it via a .NET component, or perhaps the age-old DirectX approach?

http://www.beyondlogic.org/usbnutshell/usb1.shtml

Found this which is quite good, it covers all USB and so a lot of the
endpoint data is irrelevant but for an SDR it should be a simple case of
claiming the interface (there should be one possibly two) and opening up
a pipe to the endpoint to hoover up the data.
I am guessing that on an SDR there will be one standard 'out' endpoint
and probably a single input control interface.

What language are you planning to write it in?

Andy