Old February 15th 16, 07:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Brian Howie Brian Howie is offline

Default Manhattan, Dead Bug construction?

In message ple.org,
Michael Black writes
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016, Brian Howie wrote:
I've made prototype ( and permanent) boards out of double sided PC
with orthogonal saw cuts through the top layer to create pads. You
have to drill and loop through the bottom layer for ground pads.

At work we used stick on strips of PCB for prototyping, which you
could snip to size, but I don't know where you buy it. The glue
seemed to resist heat.

Wasnt' that expensive? I remember when that sort of thing was
available, the stuff I remember was intended for use with perfboard so
the holes were already there. But I don't think I ever tried it, which
leaves me thinking it wsa expensive.

Well it wasn't me that was paying for it. It didn't have holes, but was
already divided into square pads. I'd never seen it outside work, but
thought it would be quite easy to make.

73 Brian GM4DIJ

--
Brian Howie