Old April 9th 16, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
rickman rickman is offline

Default [KB6NU] Announcing the 2016 Michigan QSO Party

On 4/8/2016 7:03 PM, Roger Hayter wrote:
Rob wrote:

rickman wrote:
The post Announcing the 2016 Michigan QSO Party appeared first on KB6NUs
Ham Radio Blog.

To the moderators of rec.radio.amateur.moderated; Please stop posting
these blog echos here. I'd like to see this group be a useful place to
discuss homebrew equipment, but your posts drown out any useful content
that might happen.

Can't you stick to your own moderated group? You have managed to kill
it off with virtually no postings other than the blog echos you seem
obsessed with.

It appears you do not understand "moderated newsgroups"...

When someone, e.g. KB6NU, posts a message to multiple newsgroups that
include a moderated group, e.g.:
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.home brew
the news posting software will recognize this and instead of posting
it will mail the message to the moderator of the moderated group, who
will then post the message in both groups.

So, when you see a multiposted message in a moderated and non-moderated
group, it will appear like it is being posted by the moderator, but in
reality there is someone else who has originally submitted the message.

In this case that may be KB6NU or someone else who likes to relay those
blog messages to usenet, but the poster is not necessarily related
to the moderator of the group.

Firstly we do know they are related and work together. Secondly, it is
the choice of moderators to allow cross-posts to their newsgroup: many
don't.

I found my reply to the original message showed up in r.r.a.m, so either
the reply escaped moderation or the moderators have moderated their
policies on moderation. lol

I've sent messages before that attempted to discuss the nature of the
group and they were rejected because they were meta-discussions...
discussions about the mechanism of discussion.

I was actually trying to see if I could get some conversations going in
r.r.a.m and started with saying something like, "I don't see many
conversations here". That was the content that caused my post to be
rejected. I can see why no one posts in r.r.a.m. I don't get why they
need to trash r.r.a.h as well. It has a chance of getting useful
discussions going.

--

Rick