Old January 6th 05, 12:42 AM
Richard Clark

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:03:37 -0800, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

"Ed Price" wrote in message
We spend a lot of time now arguing about how well the computer model
replicates reality, and whether the math has enough variables accounted
for. Working models seem so old fashioned.

That's because they're so expensive to build. You'd probably never finish
designing something like a modern RF IC if all you could do was design it on
paper, build it, probe around a little to figure out what it 'really' does,
and repeat.

Likewise, few companies can afford to design the autopilot for a jet without
a great deal of simulation first. :-)

Hi Guys,

Back when I designed the UFDR for the 757/767, they were the first
airplanes designed entirely in software (conventional drafting went
the way of the Dodo). Today's 7E7 was entirely modeled in software if
I'm not mistaken.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC