Old March 28th 17, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info
RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin is offline

Default RadioInsight for Monday 27 March 2017

RadioInsight

Sean Ross: Moments of Music Scheduling Grace

http://www.goenvisionnetworks.com/20...eduling-grace/

From RadioInsight

The post Sean Ross: Moments of Music Scheduling Grace appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Dick Taylor: My oh MAYA

https://dicktaylorblog.com/2017/03/26/my-oh-maya/

From RadioInsight

The post Dick Taylor: My oh MAYA appeared first on RadioInsight.

After Five Years Thunder Returns To Grand Island

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...-grand-island/

From RadioInsight

Legacy Communications has relaunched the Active Rock Thunder brand in Grand
Island NE.

The new Thunder 99.7 K259CZ/96.5 KRGI-HD2 Grand Island restores the format
to the analog FM dial in the market for the first time since Thunder 103.1
KKJK Ravenna flipped to CHR 2Day-FM in June 2012. The format was then
resurrected on KRGI-HD2 in 2016.

Cluster Operations Manager Adam Shed Jurgens will host afternoons on K259CZ.

The post After Five Years Thunder Returns To Grand Island appeared first on
RadioInsight.

WXVA Relaunches As 102.9 Valley-FM

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...2-9-valley-fm/

From RadioInsight

Winchester Radio LLC has relaunched Full Service Classic Hits 610
WXVA/102.9 W275BV Winchester VA as 102.9 Valley-FM.

The new refocused music library features Nothing But Favorites of the
1960s-1980s under the oversight of consultant Bob Hamilton. Joe Sanchez
remains in mornings.

The New Valley 102.9 debuts! A New Adult Hits station format with Favorites
From The 60s, 70s and 80s targeting adults 35-64. It kicks off with
Mornings hosted by market vet Joe Sanchez at 6am.

The New 102.9 Valley FM is consulted by Bob Hamilton of Hamilton
Communications. The Shenandoah Valley gets a fresh new sound playing
Nothing But Favorites.

The New 102.9 Valley FM AM 610 is WXVA serving Winchester and Fort Royal
VA, Martinsburg W Va, Hagerstown MD. Available at WXVA.com Owned by
Winchester Radio LLC.

The post WXVA Relaunches As 102.9 Valley-FM appeared first on RadioInsight.

Nielsen: Diving Deeper Into News/Talk's PPM Surge

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insight...alk-surge.html

From RadioInsight

The post Nielsen: Diving Deeper Into News/Talks PPM Surge appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Blake-FM Leaves Behind A Bull In Amarillo

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...bull-amarillo/

From RadioInsight

Townsquare Media has relaunched Country 101.9 Blake-FM KATP Amarillo TX as
101.9 The Bull.

The relaunch comes with a new airstaff as KATP adds the syndicated Bobby
Bones Show for mornings and Braden Smith replaces Amy Garcia in afternoons.
Smith joined Townsquare Amarillo as cluster Operations Manager and KATP
Program Director last month from Alpha Medias now defunct 98.9 The Wolf
WLFV Richmond VA. Middays will remain jockless while Taste of Country
Nights with Sam Alex stays in nights.

KATP ranked fourth in the Amarillo market with a 5.5 share in the Fall 2016
Nielsen Audio ratings, however trailed Alphas second ranked 97.9 KGNCs 6.5
share in the Country format. Two other Country stations owned by Cumulus
also serve the Amarillo market: 95.7 Nash Icon KARX and Texas Country 107.1
The Armadillo KPUR-FM.

The post Blake-FM Leaves Behind A Bull In Amarillo appeared first on
RadioInsight.

107.1 The Boss Debuts On-Air Staff

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...uts-air-staff/

From RadioInsight

Press Communications Classic Rock 107.1 The Boss WWZY Long Branch/99.7 WBHX
Tuckerton NJ debuted its on-air lineup this morning.

Mornings will be hosted by Rob Acampora and Wendy McClure with The Morning
Kickstart. Acampora moves over from nights at sister Country Thunder 106
106.3 WKMK Eatontown/106.5 WTHJ Bass River Township and has also worked at
Alternative FM 106.3 WHTG-FM and CHRs 93.7 WSTW Wilmington DE, B104 WAEB-FM
Allentown PA, and B98.5 WBBO Ocean Acres NJ in his career. McClure
previously co-hosted mornings at WBBO from 2002-2004 and has also worked at
Q102 WIOQ Philadelphia, WPST Trenton, Total Traffic Network, and Wall
Street Journal Radio Network.

Michelle Amabile joins The Boss for middays. Amabile had been hosting
weekends at Townsquare Media Hot AC 94.3 The Point WJLK Asbury Park and
working as a freelance writer for Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter. She
also has worked at WHTG-FM, 102.7 WJSE Atlantic City, 94.1 WYSP
Philadelphia, and 95.9 WRAT Point Pleasant NJ.

Press Communications Vice President of Programming and WWZY/WBHX Program
Director Jeff Rafter will host afternoons. Prior to joining Press in late
2016, Rafter was PD/Afternoon Host at Greater Media AC Magic 98.3 WMGQ New
Brunswick until the closing of its sale to Beasley Media.

The New 107.1 The BOSS, Classic Rock of the ‘70s, ‘80s, and More, launches
its new lineup on Monday, March 27th with the 5:30 a.m. debut of “The
Morning Kickstart” with Rob Acampora and Wendy McClure.

Acampora, who previously worked through most of the ’90s at WHTG-FM, is a
born and bred Jersey boy, whose stops include WSTW in Delaware, B104 in the
Lehigh Valley, and local entities B98.5 and (most recently) Thunder 106. He
is joined by seasoned broadcaster McClure, who has an extensive radio
resume that includes The Wall Street Journal Radio Network, WPST, B98.5 and
Q102 in Philadelphia.

“I have waited a long time for this opportunity, and I am partnered with
someone who has the same drive as I do,” says Acampora. “I’m inviting
everyone at the Jersey Shore to tune in from 5:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. weekdays.
I promise you will not be disappointed.”

“I am so excited to be back at the Jersey Shore,” says McClure. “Rob and I
want you to want us every morning!”

Taking on mid-day duties is Michele Amabile, formerly of WHTG-FM. Amabile’s
previous stops around the dial include morning duties at G106.3 and Digital
102.7 in Atlantic City, shifts at 94.1 WYSP, 95.9 The Rat, and (most
recently) 94.3 The Point. Amabile also cut her teeth as a journalist,
covering several seasons of American Idol as well as music reporting for
Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter.

“I missed being on the air every day, and I am beyond thrilled to be back
with my old friend, Rob Acampora, who shares the same passion and love of
music that I do,” Amabile says. “Rob and I go way back, and coming back to
Press Communications feels like home to me. We are going to have a good
time.”

Rounding out the lineup in afternoon drive is Vice President of
Programming, Jeff Rafter, celebrating his 40th year in New Jersey radio.
Rafter’s career also began at WHTG-AM/FM, continuing with a winning streak
that included stints at WJLK, WOBM, WJRZ, Seaview 107.1, and (most
recently) WMGQ.

“We are live and local! This is the next step in the evolution of the new
107.1 The BOSS. I am thrilled to be back on the radio where I grew up. I
thank Press Communications for the opportunity to let us live out our
passion and play this awesome music. More surprises to come!”

The post 107.1 The Boss Debuts On-Air Staff appeared first on RadioInsight.