Old January 6th 05, 01:41 PM
Reg Edwards

A few years back I opened the highish-level kitchen microwave oven door and
felt what seemed to be a warm breeze of air on my face and especially round
my eyes.

I immediately recognised the sensation felt when standing in the beam from
the non-rotating dish of a 3 GHz, 50 Kwatt radar equipment during WW2, some
50 years before.

I very fast switched all power OFF. The safely mechanism must have been
defective. It may have been a good thing my XYL had not opened it.

There were no after-effects except on my bank balance for a new oven of
different make.
----
Reg.