Old July 9th 16, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info
QRZ.com via rec.radio.info Admin QRZ.com via rec.radio.info Admin is offline

Default QRZ Forums - Amateur Radio News for Saturday 9 July 2016

Amateur Radio News

Bands open/closed?

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?thre...closed.529762/

I use www.bandconditions.com as my guide to the condition of the HF bands,
but I am increasingly finding that when the guide say the band are dead if
you put out a call you can get a contact. I know conditions can vary from
minute to minute but I am sure the majority of hams just dont bother to try
calling CQ if the various band condition web sites say that the bands are
closed. A good monitor use to be SW broadcast stations, but now a lot
have...

Bands open/closed?