Old January 7th 05, 09:26 AM
Ian White, G3SEK

Roy Lewallen wrote:
Do you get to vote for the council members who come up with all these
rules, or are they appointed by the Queen or something? If the former,
it sounds like it might be time to become a bit involved with your
local government. If the latter, well, God save 'er. And you.

Unfortunately, none of the above. The rules are made by bureaucrats at
national level, and implemented by bureaucrats at local level.

John - if you haven't got hold of the RSGB Planning booklet, get it NOW!
There are several pitfalls in this process, so talk to an expert and get
detailed advice before you set foot back inside that planning office.

I am not one of those experts, just one of their "satisfied customers".
Being just about to go through the whole thing again in a different
location, I will definitely be following my own advice!

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek