Old August 19th 16, 10:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info
ZL1AMW[_3_] ZL1AMW[_3_] is offline

Default NZART Headquarters Infoline 342

Editor: - Don MacDonald ZL3DMC

NZART Website:
www.nzart.org.nz

-------

Issue 342
Date 19/08/2016

-------

In this Issue

From NZART HQ

NZART Public Liability Insurance

Official Broadcast

Off Shore News Links

NZART Housekeeping

There is an error on the invoice; the correct date of invoice should
read 1 August 2016 not 2015 as printed.

RSGB Handbook New Edition Offer

The RSGB (Radio Society of Great Britain), will be publishing a 2016
Handbook in September this year.
NZART has been offered very competitive prices, so if you are interested
in purchasing a copy, let me know via e-mail: .
The cost will be approximately $NZD 50 to 60 and this will include
shipping..
The final cost will be determined when we have an idea of order numbers
as this will affect freight cost from the UK.

The offer is for an electronic version (CD Rom) or hard copy, so please
let me know your preference. The CD Rom will have a reduced freight
cost.

Talk soon…Debby ZL2DL

-------

NZART Public Liability and Fire Fighting Insurance: what are your
branch requirements?

Council has obtained cover for headquarters and the above from a new
broker with a worthwhile reduction in the premium.

We have five million dollars cover for public liability and two million
for forest fire fighting. The forest fire cover is probably excessive
and needs to be reviewed once we hear from branches that require this
cover (usually because of agreements with site owners for repeater
access).

There are two potential things that a branch could be liable for if a
fire were to be started as a result of amateur activities: the first is
for damage to property including a forest plantation. This is covered by
the public liability policy not the forest fire cover. The other
liability is the cost of fighting the fire. This is covered by the
forest fire cover.

We have often heard ‘we need two million dollars for forest fire
cover’.

Council needs clarification as to what the break down is between the two
potential liabilities mentioned above, for your branch. As NZART is
providing cover for these activities and it is important that realistic
cover is arranged.

It is extremely unlikely for the cost of fire fighting to reach two
million dollars, however the resulting damage (public liability) claim
could possibly reach this level.

We need branches to let us know what the breakdown of their requirements
are. If we can reduce the forest fire cover we will save several hundred
dollars p.a. in premiums. Being over insured is a great way to lose
money year after year!
Please email
your insurance preferences
Please note that this cover is only for NZART members.

NZART Council

-------

Official Broadcast

The Official Broadcast is made on the last Sunday of each month except:

December when the Broadcast is made on the Sunday before Christmas.

January when there is no broadcast

The broadcast is made on 3900 kHz, and on the National System and local
VHF repeaters.
The broadcast is made at 2000 hours (8:00 pm), with a repeat at 2100
hours (9:00 pm).
Members and Branches are welcome to submit material for inclusion in the
Broadcast to the e-mail or postal address shown below.

ZL2BHF
NZART Headquarters
P O Box 40-525
UPPER HUTT 5140
E-mail
73
Jim ZL2BHF

http://www.nzart.org.nz/h-quarter/broadcast/

-------

Off Shore News Links

ARRL News & Features

RSGB News

IARU Region 3

-------

NZART Housekeeping

Next HQ-Infoline:- Friday 2/09/2016. Closing date is Wednesday
31/08/2016.

-------

You have received this message because you are subscribed on an NZART
Infoline list.

If you wish to be removed from this list, please visit:

http://www.nzart.org.nz/join/e-mail-...infoline-list/

END OF INFOLINE 341