Old January 8th 05, 04:05 AM
Dan Richardson

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 21:18:45 -0600, "Charlie"
wrote:

I just want to thank all of you for your kindness and speediness in pointing
out my error as a new vertical antenna user. I am glad several of you had a
laugh on me for burying tuned radials

Don't feel bad Charlie, we read the book. G

I would really suggest you consider purchasing the current edition of
the ARRL Antenna book. There is a whole chapter (3) devoted to the
effects of ground. You'll find in more reliable information in that
book than you ever see in antenna manufacturers' statements and
claims.

Oh, yes when it comes to radials you can't have too much wire in the
ground, but you can hit the wall of diminishing returns.

Bust of luck and 73
Danny, K6MHE