Old January 8th 05, 05:35 AM
Rick Karlquist N6RK

But I want to adjust the matching network at the base
of the antenna. I need real time feedback to when I
turn a know. An indicator 1000 ft away is useless.

Rick N6RK

"J. Mc Laughlin" wrote in message
Dear Rick:
OK. Your vertical antenna certainly picks up a lot of stray RF.

However, one of the beauties of using a network analyzer is the

ability
to characterize the transmission line (even 1000 feet of it) and a filter
that is between the network analyzer and the antenna, AND THEN to have the
effects of all of the stuff between the analyzer and antenna removed so as
to leave the properties of the antenna.

One has to measure the "stuff" (transmission line +) with the "stuff"
disconnected from the antenna. Even if you went out to the antenna, you
would need (temporarily) to disconnect the "stuff" from the antenna.

This scheme really works. One has some front-end-load required in

order
to characterize the "stuff," but then it is straight forward.

73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home: