Old January 9th 05, 03:35 AM
Ed Price

"David G. Nagel" wrote in message
CW wrote:
Seems you're making progress (?) over there. Sounds totally American.

"Simon Smith" wrote in message

Well, I today decided to make a start in trying to obtain planning
permission for my new Antenna - even though the "Permitted Development
Rights" have been removed from our small Village in the middle of nowhere

SNIP

my drawings before accepting them for consideration. The first mistake I
made was in using feet and inches. "Sorry - we only take metric" So I now
have to re-do them all again. Next mistake "We Don't take them on graph
paper" Third mistake was
"We need a picture of the "Ariel" Forth mistake was: "We need the

drawings

to be to scale"
Did Marconi have all this trouble with the "Council" ?

SNIP

John;

Remember that they are the government and are only here to help you!!!!

Dave WD9BDZ

We Americans used to chuckle about how, in Germany, everything was
prohibited except that which was specifically allowed. And now, we have
Covenants, planning commissions, the EPA, the FAA, the FCC, OSHA, and
agencies yet unformed, should we try to stick a wire up in the air. We've
learned a lot from Europe, and don't remember Pogo at all.

Ed
wb6wsn