Old January 9th 05, 03:19 PM
Airy R. Bean

Default Planning permission - a lesson from satellite launching?

Some of us have encountered the wrath of our local planning
committees when erecting antennae that seemed reasonable to us,
but perhaps unreasonable to SFB neighbours.

Could we conceive of an antenna, even possible an HF beam, that
folds away into a single rod-like structure when not in use?

I have in mind the way in which quite elaborate antennae and solar
cells unfold from a satellite once it reaches orbit.

Such an antenna, if it were to be deployed only during the hours
of darkness, might also serve the needs of those who are obliged
to use stealth antennae due to restrictive covenants on the buildings
used as their shacks!