Old January 9th 05, 04:02 PM
Brian Reay

"David Edmonds" wrote in message
Airy R. Bean wrote:

Another way is to go to your local electrical wholesaler
(assuming he will deal with you now we're past Jan 1st/Part P)
and buy one of those chocolate-box-like strips for commoning
up 6mm green-and-yellow to clamp all the wires together.

Also available from some branches of Wickes and B&Q Warehouses.

Not had any problems purchasing from electrical wholesalers as I fitted
a shower for one of the daughters over Xmas and decided to put in one of
the pull cord switches for her to isolate the shower - purchased this
week (post 1/1/2005) from one of the larger suppliers with no questions
asked.

Maybe it's the installation and not supplying that is under question -
though typically our government bring in a silly law such as this -
while they know that there is no right of entry to inspect.

"Part P" doesn't stop DIY electrical work but such work MAY need to be
inspected. In fact, some level of inspection has always been imposed- the
electricity supply company does a check before connecting the "meter tails".

I admit to mix views on Part P, unnecessary red tape for those of us who
either know the correct way to do things, or are prepared to learn them, but
it is protection from those who believe in polarised resistors ;-)

--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk