Old January 9th 05, 04:23 PM
Brian Reay

"David Edmonds" wrote in message
Brian Reay wrote:

I admit to mix views on Part P, unnecessary red tape for those of us who
either know the correct way to do things, or are prepared to learn them,

I admit I would like to learn but prefer to spend my time doing other
things - and admit that the house here is quite safe as we've had few
electrical additions done apart from outside lighting. Everything else
'plugs in' so is not covered by the new regs.

but
it is protection from those who believe in polarised resistors ;-)

That was a low punch Brian - especially on a day when the design for the
latest ground-breaking reinvention of the wheel in radio form is being
proposed and discussed.

Sorry but nobody is perfect.

Seriously, I still quote the (in)famous line about knowing one end of a
resistor from another in training courses. Always gets a laugh and, as you
probably know, a little humour in a lesson works wonders.

Sadly - like a plane with no engine - it won't ever get off the ground.

In this case I think train not leaving the station as the signals don't work
is more appropriate.

--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk