Old January 9th 05, 06:59 PM
Allodoxaphobia

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:19:28 -0000, Airy R. Bean wrote:
Some of us have encountered the wrath of our local planning
committees when erecting antennae that seemed reasonable to us,
but perhaps unreasonable to SFB neighbours.

Could we conceive of an antenna, even possible an HF beam, that
folds away into a single rod-like structure when not in use?

I have in mind the way in which quite elaborate antennae and solar
cells unfold from a satellite once it reaches orbit.

...and, achieves zero gravity, zero wind resistance, and zero
local bureaucratic control. HI!HI!

HNY
Jonesy